Sunday, May 27, 2007

So how was my Blogging experience?


When I began creating the Blog, I was overwhelmed by all of the possibilities that were available to personalize the Blog. I have used computers extensively in my job for the last ten years, yet I had never created a Blog. The experience has allowed me to understand in more detail the usefulness and the perhaps the not so useful sides of a Blog. The various features incorporated in my Blog were straightforward and allowed me to better understand their application in websites. The RSS feed option is quite innovative and is certainly a very useful and well designed option. I was not aware of Technorati and so I learned how to register a Blog. I've always tried to keep up with technology advances so my Blog articles relate to items of interest and also new trends for the future. My interests vary from medicine, business, information technology, science and information of general interest. The pharmaceutical industry has afforded me much knowledge in the medical field and has required that I stay current with the latest medical breakthroughs. The idea of a Blog is an interesting concept as it allows the user to share opinions, advise, give criticism all while remaining relatively anonymous. Blogs allow the voices of the people to be heard on political issues, environmental issues, controversial issues and on any other topics of their choice. Blogs allow the author to seek comments and input on a variety of topics and in many cases can effect changes. I knew of many political Blogs and was aware of their influence on election campaigns in both a positive and negative way. Creating this Blog was a good experience and I have a much greater appreciation for the endless possibilities that the World Wide Web has to offer.

1 comment:

Louis-Philippe Gauthier said...

Charles,

Good job, an other good example of someone blogging from a personal perspective that relates to IT.

- Louis-Philippe Gauthier
http://www.philippegauthier.info